Hill Tech Happenings, Week of May 22
Sorry about the delay in posting this week’s “happenings.” This is one of those busy weeks where I didn’t get to this until Tuesday morning.
The Liabilities Driving Better Data Protection Practices
House Small Business Committee, Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform and Oversight
10 a.m., 2360 Rayburn Bldg.
Second hearing on Senate’s Telecommunications Act of 1996 reform proposal (The Communications, Consumer’s Choice, and Broadband Deployment Act of 2006, S. 2686)
10:00 AM, Senate Dirksen 106
House Judiciary Committee markup of six technology-related measures:
- Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) (H.R. 4127)
- Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2005 (H.R. 4411)
- Internet Gambling Prohibition Act (H.R. 4777)
- School Safety Acquiring Faculty Excellence Act (H.R. 4894)
- Cyber-Security Enhancement and Consumer Data protection Act of 2006 (H.R. 5318)
- Internet Freedom and Nondiscrimination Act of 2006 (H.R. 5417)
10 a.m., 2141 Rayburn Bldg.
House Science Committee markup of three innovation-related measures (among others):
- Early Career Research Act of 2006 (H.R. 5356)
- Research for Competitiveness Act of 2006 (H.R. 5357)
- Science and Mathematics Education for Competitiveness Act of 2006 (H.R. 5358)
10:00 a.m., 2318 Rayburn Bldg. This was moved to June 7.
For an “about” these posts please see my original post.